In 1912, King William II of Württemberg established the governmental Landeswasserversorgung. For 53 years, it was operated as a state-owned company. Only in 1965 was the order fulfilled, which had been set in the constitution; the Landeswasserversorgung was transferred to an independent local special purpose association. Since that time, the association members of the Landeswasserversorgung are not only customers but also owners of the water supply company. The decision-making body of the special-purpose association is the association meeting, which generally meets once per year. The head office of the Landeswasserversorgung is registered in Stuttgart.
|Annual delivery||98,6 million cubic metres of drinking water|
|Association members||106 towns, communities and special purpose associations|
|Supply to||3 million people|
|Pipeline network||776,1 kilometres of drinking water pipes|
|Total yield||67,0 million euro|
|Balance sheet total||199,3 million euro|
LW stands for “Landeswasserversorgung”
(state water supply). It supplies
drinking water fresh from nature
to around three million people.